The Job Description is the most IMPORTANT step in the Talent Attraction Process. Doesn’t it seem silly when Managers and Human Resources produce a Job Description that takes shortcuts and does not describe the job?
What is the Impact of the Poorly Written Job Description?
The Job Description is the foundation of the Entire Sales Process called Talent Attraction.
- The Job Description is SO IMPORTANT that it is the key to sourcing the Best Candidates.
- The Job Description is SO IMPORTANT that it is the foundation for interview questions to determine which candidate is the best qualified.
- The Job Description is SO IMPORTANT that it must be used to create meaningful Reference Checks to verify and validate candidate experience.
- The Job Description is SO IMPORTANT that it determines what compensation package should be offered.
- The Job Description is SO IMPORTANT that it creates an excellent opportunity to set expectations for a New Employee’s first year on the job!
- The Job Description is SO IMPORTANT that properly utilized, lays out the first year for both the Hiring Manager and the New Employee. The best Job Descriptions engage the Employees and enable Managers to create metrics that measure an Employee’s Success every year. These metrics are the key to determining whether an Employee meets or Exceeds Expectations. Top performing Employees want to know how they are being measured – and this is a KEY to Engagement and Retention.
When an employee is promoted or leaves the company, is it Silly when the company uses the same job description that was used to define the position of the person who raised the bar – and just left?
What Is The RecruiterGuy Job Description Secret Sauce?
When the Manager creates the 3 month, 6 month, 9 month, and 12 month goals for the position, the Skills, Experience, and Attributes of the top candidate become crystal clear for Sourcing.
The questions during the Interview key on the experience, skills, and attributes to determine which candidate is best qualified.
The Onboarding Experience for the New Employee is enhanced because they know what to expect in the first year.
By definition, Goal Setting and Goal Achieving Employees are ENGAGED EMPLOYEES! These are the employees who are challenged and will be Retained.
Or, your company can Act Silly…
Talent Attraction is Better than Talent Acquisition!
If you would like a conversation on how to ATTRACT talent instead of using an Applicant Tracking System or HRIS to screen them out, we should chat. Call me directly at 435-714-4425 (mountain).
I am available to consult with your company to improve your Top Talent Attraction strategy. Attracting and integrating Top Talent gives your company an industry edge. The process is worth the effort by improving productivity, innovation, and profitability – Look at Google, Tesla, SpaceX, and Apple. Retaining Top Talent keeps your industry knowledge inside your company – instead of with the competition.
The RecruiterGuy.com Top Talent Attraction business model is my differentiator. I focus on one client at a time and charge a flat monthly fee. This model enables me to attract new talent to your organization while identifying and suggesting improvements to your company’s Talent Attraction process, including Manager Interview Training. https://recruiterguy.com/
Learn how I coach my Career Transition Clients in my most recent book – Employee 5.0: Secrets Of A Successful Job Search In The New World Order http://amzn.to/2D9w39f My book includes an appendix with action verbs and sample interview questions.
I help organizations Recruit, Onboard, Actuate, and Retain Top Talent.
See you on Tuesdays! Feel free to click on Follow Us to receive my #TalentAttraction Thought Leadership every week or to Share my Just Saying Thought Leadership with your Network through Twitter and Facebook.
Bill Humbert is available for Speaking, Talent Attraction Consulting, and Training contracts.
©1999-2021 B. Humbert – Provocative Thinking Consulting, Inc. –
USA 01-435-714-4425 Bill@RecruiterGuy.com
Content is licensed CC-BY-ND (Creative Commons Attribution-No Derivatives 4.0) The right to reprint is hereby granted if the copyright notice and contact information remain with the article.